AlphaSense is one of the fastest growing new technology companies serving the global finance industry. The company has developed a revolutionary semantic search engine that solves the information overload problem for professional investors. This product combines unique innovations in search technology, natural language processing and big data distributed computing, built by the company’s technology team. The company already has over 600 major customers in the U.S. market and has recently started its expansion in Europe. To support its growth plan, AlphaSense is hiring capable software engineers to join its Helsinki team based in Ruoholahti. A competitive salary and bonus together with stock options are offered to all qualified candidates.
We are seeking a passionate DevOps Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join our Cloud infrastructure team supporting and developing the AlphaSense platform and empowering our team of development engineers to their full potential. We will pair you up with world class talent in cloud and software engineering and provide a position and environment for continuous learning.
The ideal candidate has strong system configuration and scripting skills, is passionate about system engineering and never wants to stop learning. Experience with cloud services (preferably AWS) is essential.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and support the AWS cloud infrastructure and environments as part of an agile development team
- Troubleshoot production and development issues
- Support the developers with development infrastructure and tools
- Help drive the team towards continuous deployment
- BS / MS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, preferred
- Strong skills in scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Good working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Understanding of continuous deployment and how to get there
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills