AlphaSense is seeking smart, innovative, and ambitious technology and financial services professionals to join its global team.
(Senior) Software Developer
Location: Helsinki, Finland
AlphaSense Oy is a search technology company serving the global financial and corporate markets, ranked as the fastest growing technology company in Finland by Deloitte. We have developed a revolutionary semantic search engine that solves the information overload problem for investors and market research professionals. Our product combines breakthrough innovations in search technology, natural language processing and Big Data distributed computing, built by the company’s technology team in Finland. AlphaSense has over 700 corporate customers worldwide. To support its growth, AlphaSense is hiring experienced, capable and energetic software development professionals to join its Helsinki team based in Ruoholahti. A competitive salary and bonus together with stock options are offered to all selected candidates.
We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.Job description:
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the AlphaSense platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of crawling, searching and text processing functions.
The ideal candidate has strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing.Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implementation of APIs powering the AlphaSense applications
- Developing scalable systems to extract, mark and manipulate desired portions for text from doc, pdf and html documents from the web or other sources
- Improving the performance of search (SOLR/Lucene) and processing platform
- Leveraging cloud computing resources (AWS) to optimally execute back-end processing
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, preferred
- Background in development of large scale data analytics software and algorithm design
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in extracting structured information from document archives and in developing text processing systems
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience in Java, Linux, and scripting languages (shell scripts, Perl, Python)
- Experience using relational and search databases (SOLR/Lucene, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with working with cloud computing (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills