Last updated on Jan 21, 2020
In general, when Users visit our Website and access information, Users will remain anonymous. However, for some services provided through our Website, such as requesting a product trial or subscribing to email updates, we will ask Users to register using an online registration form and to share personal identification information.
1. Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including contact details and usage metrics such as: when Users visit our Website, respond to a survey, fill out a form, request updates or alerts and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Website. Users may inquire as to the source of any information that we collect. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other general contact information. Users may, however, visit our Website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website-related activities. We will retain personal information for as long as it serves the purposes for which the information was collected and for longer periods of time only if required by law or regulation.
2. Right of Data Access
Users shall have the right to obtain from AlphaSense confirmation as to whether or not personal data is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of related data processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organizations
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request from AlphaSense rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject or to object to such processing
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
3. Additional Data Rights
- Users shall have the right to obtain from AlphaSense, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning the User.
- Users shall have the right to be forgotten. Users shall have the right to obtain from AlphaSense the erasure of personal data without undue delay and AlphaSense shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay when the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, or the User withdraws consent for data processing and there is no other legal ground for doing so.
- User has the right to data portability. Users shall have the right to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another data controller without hindrance.
4. Timely and Transparent Compliance with Data Requests
AlphaSense shall take appropriate measures to provide information related to data processing in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form, using clear and plain language
AlphaSense shall provide information on action taken on a request under the above Data Rights to Users without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. AlphaSense shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay. Where the data subject makes the request by electronic form means, the information shall be provided by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by the data subject.
5. Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connecting to our Website, such as the operating system and the Internet service provider(s) utilized and other similar information.
While accessing and operating an AlphaSense product, we may also record general statistical and tracking information, such as the date and time a User accesses his or her product and the time spent using it, etc., as well as aggregated, anonymous usage stats.
6. Third Party Services
We may use services hosted by third parties such as Google Analytics to help us understand how use our Website is being used. These services may collect information sent by a browser as part of a web page request, including IP addresses or cookies. If these third party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
7. Website Browser Cookies
8. How We Use Collected Information
AlphaSense, Inc. may collect and use Users personal information to respond to your customer service requests, to improve our Website by using feedback you provide to improve our products and services, to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Website feature, and to send periodic emails regarding updates pertaining to their product or services. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Website. We will not process information in a way that is incompatible with the purposes for which the information was collected and authorized or subsequently authorized by the User.
9. How We Protect Your Information
We apply data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User’s personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Website.
10. Access to Your Information
Users may request a copy of any information they have provided to us and may request to correct any information that is inaccurate. Unless prohibited by applicable law, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover costs for providing copies of information requested by Users. Users may also request to have their information restricted from some or all of our uses or have information erased from our database. Please note that such requests may prevent them from engaging in certain Website-related activities. Prior to processing such requests, we may require that the User provide us with additional documentation to accredit their identity.
11. Sharing Your Personal Information
12. Third Party Websites / Links
Users may find content on our Website that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Website. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. AlphaSense, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party websites.
13. Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Website from those we actually know are under the age of 13, nor is any part of our Website targeted to attract anyone under 13. We request that all visitors to our Website who are under 13 not disclose or provide any personally identifiable information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our records.
14. Data Security
We take reasonable steps to maintain the security of the personally identifiable information that we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as installing electronic security systems that guard against unauthorized access. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us, so you do so at your own risk.
15. Consent to Transfer
This Website is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and/or third countries. By using our Website, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
17. Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Website, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
24 Union Square East, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10003