In general, when users visit our Websites and access information, users will remain anonymous. However, for some services provided through our Websites, such as requesting a product trial or subscribing to email updates, we will ask users to register with an online registration form and to share personal identification information.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
Who we are:
AlphaSense is headquartered in New York. Among other things, we are a market intelligence and search platform and we operate in various offices around the world.
How to contact us:
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, or in which your data is processed, you are also entitled to make a complaint to a competent authority with responsibility for matters relating to data protection, such as, in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office, which you can do by visiting www.ico.org.uk. Whilst you are not required to do so, we encourage you to contact us directly to discuss any concerns that you may have and to allow us an opportunity to address these before you contact such an authority.
2. What personal information we collect about you and how we use it
We collect personal information that you provide to us. There are several ways in which you may share your personal data with us via our Websites, app, online platform or otherwise. You may visit an AlphaSense event or visit our Websites, respond to a survey, fill out a form, request updates or alerts and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available. In doing so, you may provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number and other general contact information. You may inquire as to the source of any information that we collect. You may also visit our Websites anonymously without disclosing any personal information. You can also refuse to supply personal information, although it may prevent you from engaging in certain website-related activities. We will retain personal information for as long as it serves the purposes for which the information was collected and for longer periods of time only if required by law or regulations.
We use this information to:
- respond to your customer service requests, inquiries or questions;
- provide you with the information, products and services you request from us;
- improve our Website;
- provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- Where you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each marketing email or you may contact us via our Websites.
- manage and administer our business;
- review and improve our products and services;
- run a promotion, contest, survey or other website feature;
We collect personal information from third parties. Where we work with other businesses, they may collect personal data about you which they will share with us. For example, we may have your name and contact details passed on to us by third parties that we work with, such as your employer, or marketing partners, industry publications or content syndication partners, that refer you to us so that we can provide you with information on our products or services that may be of interest to you. We may also receive in such contexts professional or employment-related information on you, and inferences drawn from other personal data. Your employer may also provide us with personal data about you in providing licensing and account information, or registering you for events. We combine this information with the personal information that you provide to us and use it for the purposes described above.
We collect information about your use of our Website. This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your login information (where applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated our Websites, what pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), geolocation, sensory data, such as audio information for recorded technical support interactions, and any phone number or email address used to request marketing content or contact our customer service department or sales teams.
We use this information to:
- administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you or other Website users about products or services that may interest you or them where you have confirmed that you would like to be contacted in this regard;
- to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
3. Your right to know what personal information we hold about you
In compliance with certain privacy laws, AlphaSense provides specific additional rights for individuals including the right to:
- request information about whether and which personal data is processed by us;
- demand that personal information is rectified or amended;
- request that personal information should be deleted;
- demand that the processing of personal information should be restricted;
- object or withdraw your consent (where applicable) to the processing of your personal information;
- have the right to obtain your personal data in a common, structured and mechanically readable format;
- complain to a supervisory authority if you believe the processing of your personal information is in violation of the legislation.
- (where the personal information is not collected directly from you), obtain any available information as to the source of your personal information;
- know about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing; and
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or for profiling purposes.
4. Sharing your personal information with others
We may share your information with the following people in the day to day running of our business:
- companies that are part of AlphaSense;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (a list can be accessed here) we work with to provide you with products or services that you have requested from us;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
Why might we share your personal data within the AlphaSense group of companies?
For our general business, reporting to management, authorisations/approvals from relevant decision makers, and where systems and services are used or provided on a shared basis Also, as part of our regular reporting activities on company performance, where other AlphaSense group companies act as service providers to us, in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise, for the purpose of dealing with your query or a third party’s query, for system maintenance support and hosting of data. Access to your data within the AlphaSense group are limited and granted only on a need-to-know basis, depending on job functions and roles, and we will ensure that appropriate security measures and agreements are in place to protect your personal data.
We may also share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you, where we have another legitimate interest in doing so, or where you have provided your consent. For example, we may share your personal information with third parties if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- we take advice from consultants and professional advisors including legal advisors and auditors;
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any local or regional law or regulation.
Which third-party service providers process your personal information?
From time to time, we ask third parties to carry out certain services for us. These third parties may process your personal data on our behalf. We will disclose your personal data to these parties so that they can perform those functions. We will enter into a written contract with them requiring them to have in place appropriate security standards to ensure that they protect your personal data. “Third parties” includes third party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other members of the AlphaSense group, including our marketing teams and business partners. Certain IT services within AlphaSense are provided by third party service providers, as is the AlphaSense.com live chat box on this Website. A list of these providers can be found here.
How secure is your information with third party service providers and other entities in the AlphaSense group?
All our third-party service providers (including other entities in the AlphaSense group) are required to implement and maintain appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Third Party Websites and Links:
You may find content on our Websites that links to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Websites. In addition, these websites or services, including their content and links, may change from time to time. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Websites, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies. AlphaSense is not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party.
5. Our Website Browser Cookies
6. How We Protect and Store Your Information
AlphaSense applies data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Websites. AlphaSense has a dedicated security team and the security measures we take include:
- limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers;
- installing and maintaining up to date security system features to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to our systems;
- only storing your personal data on our secure servers, or in other secure locations, including cloud storage;
- ensuring that our staff receive security awareness training;
- keeping paper records to a minimum;
- Requiring third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
- that you are responsible for keeping your passwords secure. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not to share your passwords with anyone.
- no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. While we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot always guarantee or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. In this regard, please note that you send us personal data at your own risk. We will nonetheless use strict procedures and security features (some of which are described above) to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Storage of your personal data
We may store your personal data using AlphaSense’s own secure servers or other internally hosted technology. Your personal data may also be stored by third parties we work with, via cloud services or other technology, to support AlphaSense’s business operations.
These third parties do not use or have access to your personal data other than for cloud storage and retrieval, and AlphaSense requires such parties to employ at least the same level of security that we use to protect your personal data.
7. How Long we Keep your Personal Information
We only keep your personal information for as long as we actually need it. This may take into account whether you are likely to still be interested in receiving information from us about our products and services, any laws or regulatory requirement which may necessitate the retention of your data, and whether we are or could potentially in the future be in dispute with each other or a third party. For further details please contact us at [email protected]
8. Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information on our Websites from those we actually know are under the age of 13, nor is any part of our Websites targeted to attract anyone under 13. We request that all visitors to our Websites who are under 13 not disclose or provide any personally identifiable information. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our records.
9. International Transfers
AlphaSense is a global company with global systems, and personal information collected in one country may be processed in another country, except where prohibited by law. Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at a jurisdiction other than your own. For example, our marketing database and associated systems are accessible by authorised AlphaSense personnel globally. Where we, or our sub-contractors, use IT systems or software provided by companies based in countries other than the one in which the data was collected, your personal data may be stored on the servers of such companies.
Where we transfer your personal data from within the UK or the EEA to a third party outside of the UK or EEA (such as the US) we utilise standard contractual clauses:
If any of our data processing activities require your personal data to be transferred from inside the UK or the EEA to outside the UK or the EEA, we will only make that transfer if:
- the country to which the personal data is to be transferred ensures an adequate level of protection for personal data (as determined by the European Commission and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office); or
- we have put in place appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data, such as an appropriate contract with the recipient; and
- the transfer is necessary for one of the reasons specified in applicable data protection legislation, such as the performance of a contract between us and you; or
- you clearly consent to the transfer.
10. California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”)
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
In particular, California residents may have a right to:
- access the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the business purpose(s) for collecting the personal data, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal data;
- Delete personal information under certain circumstances; and
We will acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days, and provide a substantive response within 45 calendar days, or inform you of the reason and extension period (up to 90 days) in writing.
Under the CCPA, only you or an authorized agent may make a request related to your personal data. Note that to respond to your requests to access or delete personal data under the CCPA, we must verify your identity. We may do so by requiring you to log into any relevant account with us, provide information relating to your account (which will be compared to information we have, such as profile information), give a declaration as to your identity under penalty of perjury, and/or provide additional information. You may designate an authorized agent to submit your verified consumer request by providing written permission and verifying your identity, or through proof of power of attorney.
In general, you will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances, in accordance with applicable laws.