A comprehensive approach to security
AlphaSense is committed to securely handling data end-to-end, including storage, transmission, networks, systems, and procedures.
Our secure and resilient platform protects your organization’s confidential information.
We offer the most valuable financial content, top-rated customer service, and expert AI knowledge, the AlphaSense platform is used by thousands globally.
Your data is protected with end-to-end encryption in storage and in transit
- End user communication to AlphaSense servers is done via HTTPS secure web protocol and behind a user-authenticated login process
- All user requests are authenticated using one-way encryption against a secure database, and by named servers with specific access keys
- Client content is automatically encrypted using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256, a secure symmetric-key encryption standard, using 256-bit encryption keys
- Database, search engine and system drives that store user data are directly encrypted
- Data is stored with scrambled names mapped to user provided names through a second secure mapping layer
We partner with Amazon for best-in-class cloud security
- Amazon Web Services is a world-class data center provider offering the most secure and hardened infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services’ state-of-the-art electronic surveillance and multi-factor access control systems add another layer of protection for users’ data
- Amazon’s data centers are staffed 24/7 by trained security technicians, subject to strict background checks, and access is authorized strictly on a privileged basis
- Access to servers is protected by multi-factor authentication (MFA) protocols, and user access control is managed by Identity Access Management tools, via secure communication sessions over SSL/TLS
2,000+ clients in heavily regulated industries trust us with their confidential information
- Thousands of users access our secure and resilient platform every day
- Security-conscious clients in the public and private sector choose AlphaSense
FOR INFORMATION SECURITY PROFESSIONALS & CISO
Our policies, procedures, compliance, and training all serve our mission to protect the security of our customers’ data.
AlphaSense cannot access users’ personal information
- The AlphaSense platform accesses extremely limited user information, such as a user’s business email address and name
- The platform cannot access users’ private information, such as telephone number, birthdate, address, social security number, etc.
Our procedures comply with global security standards
- We are certified SOC 2 compliant, which ensures our ability to protect our clients’ security
- Our daily backup policy guarantees data can be restored if lost
- Our emergency protocol ensures preparedness and continuous protection in case of unforeseen events
- We constantly assess, evaluate and manage information technology risk
- Our team’s rigorous training on information security procedures mitigates risk
The AlphaSense network is secured with firewalls and encryption
- AlphaSense servers are hosted behind a firewall with ingress and egress ports turned off, and are limited to a single HTTPS access on the server catering to user requests
- Subsystems are further isolated to Virtual Private Clouds without Internet access, which limits access to only specific named servers within the firewall, and via secure one-way encryption keys
Frequent tests and audits maintain our safety standards over time
- The entire AlphaSense system is constantly monitored and any access in or out is logged for anomaly detection
- Web service uptime at the server level is continuously monitored for any unexpected incidents or high usage suggestive of denial of service attacks
- The AlphaSense system is regularly audited and tested for penetration and vulnerability by third party security specialists
Start a free trial
Get started with a free trial of AlphaSense. Rapidly search an extensive universe of public and private content — earnings transcripts, company filings, equity research, trade journals, and more.