Proprietary Insights From Expert Calls
First-hand perspectives, such as those found in expert calls, are a critical addition to secondary research. Not only do they transform your research process from reactive to proactive, they ensure you stay ahead of the curve and competition. While quantitative insights and data are important for painting an objective picture, company leaders need the first-hand experiential knowledge found in expert calls in order to build a holistic view of any market, industry, or trend.
The Stream library contains expert insights you cannot find anywhere else, allowing you to uncover valuable insights in the following ways:
Reliable and objective knowledge
It’s not always easy to find objective qualitative information in market research, especially relying solely on company documents. In earnings and investor relations calls, companies want to present themselves in the best possible light, meaning it can be difficult to glean the nuances of company culture, industry-specific competitive landscapes, or even consumer behavior.
Expert calls are so valuable because they are neutral, since the experts are no longer involved with the company in question (and in rare cases where the expert is still part of the market or industry, they have to abide by strict disclaimers to combat conflicts of interest). Thus, expert calls are significantly more objective than interviews with current company employees or stakeholders.
Deep insights into niche spaces
In many instances, there is no way of knowing the particulars of a company, industry, or market unless one has spent a significant amount of time working within the space.
Expert call interviews can uncover insights and potential research areas that an analyst would have never known to look into. And when a researcher does know certain details of a niche space—for instance, when an investment firm seeks to enter a high-potential market—expert calls can still provide the kind of unique perspective that would be impossible to come by from any other source. The Stream library contains insights from experts closest to the source—from customers and competitors to partners and former company executives.
Insight into highly regulated industries and markets
Industries like healthcare, financial services, and tech are some of the hottest in the current investment landscape, but they are also highly regulated. As these industries are currently experiencing some of the highest growth rates in the US, demand for expert knowledge in these areas is high.
Since these sectors are rapidly changing, many investors do not have a full understanding of all the relevant factors at play in these industries. Expert insights can fill in these gaps and ensure that investors’ decisions are not hindered by a lack of technical expertise.
Commentary on larger trends
Research analysts know how to recognize trends in market or industry data. But they don’t always know the “why” behind these trends, what the larger implications of the trends are, or how these trends should be considered in relation to investment decisions.
Expert calls can help fill in these gaps because experts have the extensive experience and deep knowledge to answer all those questions. Additionally, analysts know how to conduct interviews to recognize and get beyond any subjective motivations in an expert’s response, and uncover valuable insights that can serve as a launching ground for additional research.
How AlphaSense Clients Use Expert Calls to Get Ahead
No longer just a powerful resource for the financial services space, expert calls are now providing valuable insights and a competitive advantage to corporate strategists and competitive intelligence professionals at top companies.
Here’s how our customers utilize Stream by AlphaSense for their financial and strategic research:
- Peer and competitive landscaping – An expert can provide valuable intel on a company’s operations, history, internal teams, competitors, and other relevant strategies. Knowing these details about one’s peers or competitors can empower more proactive strategy and help uncover specific competitive advantages and gaps of competitive interest.
- Understanding industry trends and market-moving events – Experts can help professionals understand how certain trends will impact their company, as well as how other companies in the industry are being affected. This is important whether you are looking into M&A opportunities or simply benchmarking with your competition. An expert on a target company can help you understand how that company navigates evolving business environments.
- Technical expertise – For companies looking to launch a new product, it is imperative to have a clear understanding of how other products are both built and operated. Experts who have worked in engineering and product development teams within a company are capable of providing deep insight into these areas.
- Outpace the competition – Stream’s on-demand library contains 25,000+ expert call transcripts paired with powerful intelligent search tools that help you make faster, more confident decisions.
- Research use cases – With our diverse body of experts, ranging from former employees—executives to lab techs to sales to competitors, customers, channel partners, and more—you have every perspective you need. These perspectives are crucial in long and short book idea generation, exploring potential M&A or restructuring candidates, searching for sector or thematic insights, and monitoring portfolio holdings.
- Industry-leading standards for compliance – All Stream experts are vetted for conflicts, and our compliance team diligently reviews all calls to ensure that no material or non-public information is published. Internal compliance teams are also able to vet requested transcripts before use.
- Save time and money – Our AI search technology enables you to find the information you need faster by searching across Stream’s on-demand library of 25,000+ expert transcripts, all for less than the cost of a typical call bundle.
- Gain early access to fresh perspectives – We add thousands of new transcripts monthly, which means you always get updated, differentiated insights that empower better idea generation and portfolio monitoring.
- Industry-leading standards for compliance – Stream vets all experts for conflicts and implements a triple-screen compliance process to eliminate MNPI disclosure risk in all published transcripts.
- Discover winning opportunities faster – Our patented AI search technology helps you bypass any irrelevant expert calls and surfaces only the most pertinent insights. We make sure you never waste time scheduling interviews with mediocre experts again.
- Get the insights you need for a better offer – Because our calls are conducted by buy-side analysts, you can be sure they are going in deep on the topics that matter most. Learn about competitive moats, tech stacks, industry headwinds and tailwinds, and get answers to the questions that matter most.
- Increase your value add in the boardroom – Stream’s transcripts equip you with differentiated competitive intelligence, industry best practices, and notable companies to consider for add-on acquisitions.
- Improve your market knowledge – Our expert calls provide critical market insights at scale straight from the source. Unearth pain points and new opportunities for disruption, and discover the strengths and weaknesses of emerging companies.
- Gain a deep understanding of product roadmaps – Our expert transcripts will help you map out buy vs build plans, learn the difference between official messaging and an engineer’s code, and discover relevant partners and customers.
- Increase your value add in the boardroom – Stream’s transcripts equip you with differentiated competitive intelligence, industry best practices, and notable potential acquirers to help you rise above your competition.