2023 was an incredible year for product innovation at AlphaSense. As I consider the successes of the past 12 months, I am filled with gratitude to all of our customers for their trust and partnership; to employees for their commitment; and to our partners and investors for their faith in our mission. Thank you, all of you, for your ongoing dedication and support.
As a company, we move quickly—but every year, it’s good to take the time to look back and reflect on everything we’ve accomplished. Here are my favorite milestones from 2023.
Next-Gen Product Launches
While the emergence of GenAI is fundamentally altering businesses across every industry, AI has been the driving force of AlphaSense’s platform from day one, making it easier for our customers to make decisions quickly and with confidence. In this breakthrough year of product innovation across the AlphaSense platform, I see three areas especially worth highlighting:
- Enterprise Intelligence: Perhaps the single biggest platform leap we’ve made to-date, and serves as a single source of truth for the most valuable source of business knowledge – our clients’ internal content. Enterprise Intelligence layers AlphaSense’s best-in-class search, summarization, and chat directly on top of our extensive content universe and a client’s proprietary internal knowledge – securely and at scale.
- Smart Summaries: The first generative AI toolset we released, which significantly speeds up the research process for business and financial professionals by providing instant summarization of earnings calls, company and industry outlooks, SWOT perspectives, and more.
- AlphaSense Assistant: Our generative AI chat experience that acts as your personal AI analyst, understands natural language and responds with insights from the markets, companies, and topics most important to you. See how our VP of Product, Chris Ackerson, thinks about building AI chat experiences for a business audience in his article in TechCrunch.
What particularly excites me about these advancements is how they offer a glimpse into the increasingly powerful ways AI augments workflows and frees up time for our customers to focus on the strategic decision-making that helps their businesses succeed. Hearing comments like “AlphaSense has saved a year of my life” keeps me going every day. We’re building a platform that helps our users do their work better and faster, and go home to their families earlier every evening – for me, there is nothing better than that.
Expanding Our Content Universe
- Surpassed 5,000 news and trade media sources, and 500,000 sector-specific company publications
- Added Thought Leadership content including insights, commentaries, surveys, and market research published by 125+ consulting firms like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Deloitte, PwC and EY
- Expanded our variety of SEC document types, and added tens of thousands of FERC and FDIC filings and 37 million UK Companies House filings
- Added tens of thousands of expert transcripts in our Expert Insights library, including one of my favorite expert transcripts, a conversation between former Google Chairman & CEO, Eric Schmidt, and Goldman Chairman & CEO, David Solomon, on the future of generative AI
Industry Accolades and Customer Recognition
Plenty of people took notice of the improvements we made in 2023. For the first time, Alphasense was:
- Recognized as a leader in market and competitive intelligence by top analyst firm Forrester
- Named to the Forbes AI 50 list in 2023
- Named one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces in 2023
- And I was humbled to be named EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year in New York
And the recognition that matters the most – that of our 4,000+ enterprise customers – made us one of most top rated software companies in TrustRadius and leaders on G2 in Market Intelligence, Enterprise Search, Financial Research, and Cloud Content Collaboration.
$250 Million in New Funding Led by CapitalG and BOND
We announced two exciting funding rounds led by two preeminent tech investors: a $100M investment led by Alphabet’s CapitalG, and a $150 million Series E round led by BOND at a 2.5 billion valuation.
I don’t have enough words to say how thrilled I am to be working with CapitalG and BOND.
The backing of such a visionary group of investors—both new and existing—is not only a reflection of our strong growth, business performance, and shared vision; it is further validation that we are only in the beginning stages of what’s possible for AlphaSense.
These investments will fuel an acceleration in our R&D roadmap and our relentless push to solve client workflows through AI. Stay tuned for much more to come in 2024.
I often say, “a company’s enterprise value is the cumulative sum of the decisions it makes.”
I’m so proud of all the great decisions our team made, and all the fantastic work they did, this past year to further our mission. Every day that we innovated enhancements to our offering or expanded into new markets, we helped more of our customers to find insights and make choices that will further their strategic goals and help their companies grow and succeed.
A really big thank you again to our customers, employees, investors, and partners for making 2023 an extraordinary year. We are just getting started, and I can’t wait to share what’s next.
AlphaSense is growing…and hiring. If you’re excited about our mission and what’s ahead, I would love for you to join us. Find your next opportunity on our careers page.