AlphaSense vs GLG: Key Differences
GLG is an expert insight network and one of AlphaSense’s top competitors. Here’s a review and comparison of both platforms to help you choose the most ideal solution for your business.
AlphaSense is a leading all-in-one market intelligence platform, intended for research and business professionals—from financial analysts and researchers to corporate professionals and consultants—looking to implement a qualitative research strategy powered by AI and automation.
AlphaSense provides access to 10,000+ premium sources of information, including trade journals, news, SEC filings, and company filings.
Moreover, AlphaSense offers access to two highly valuable proprietary and premium content offerings:
- Expert Transcript Library – 35,000+ transcripts of one-on-one calls with industry experts, customers, professionals, competitors, and former and current executives, available as an add-on to the AlphaSense package.
- Wall Street Insights® – A collection of broker research from Wall Street’s leading firms, covering global sector themes, industries, and companies from 1,000+ sell-side and independent firms, available within the AlphaSense platform. Research professionals can even preview the contents of a broker report, saving them wasted time and money on potentially fruitless research.
AlphaSense also comes with several unique capabilities and features that streamline and enhance the research process. These include:
With AlphaSense, you can set up real-time alerts that send instant updates on any relevant news, market movements, emerging trends in companies and industries, and competitor activities. For your business intelligence needs, AlphaSense also generates snapshots of companies and topics of interest regularly and keeps you ahead of the curve with actionable insights.
Instant Company Insights
With Search Analytics and Company Tearsheets, you can get updates on any companies currently on your radar, giving you an in-depth reach across industries, regions, and more. These company insights keep you focused and grounded in your research on the competitors of your choosing, cutting out noise and enhancing your competitive advantage.
Smart Synonyms™ is a proprietary AlphaSense feature that uses AI technology to recognize both the keyword and search intent behind any query.
AlphaSense uses advanced algorithms to eliminate noise from your search (i.e., content with matching keywords but ultimately irrelevant to your search objective) and leverages variations in language (for example, “impact investing” vs. “ESG investing”) to pinpoint the exact information you need.
AI search functionality allows you to easily find the exact documents and snippets that are most relevant to your search, giving you back time and energy to spend on analysis and other high-level tasks.
Sentiment analysis, a natural language processing (NLP)-based feature, parses through content and identifies nuances in the tone and subjective meaning of text. It then uses color coding to help readers identify the document’s positive, negative, and neutral sentiments.
This technology assigns each search term a numerical sentiment change score to help users track any slight change in market sentiments across time. Users can take advantage of it to make better-informed investment decisions and improve their risk management strategies.
This feature can be instrumental in picking up on subtle sentiment shifts in expert interviews that go beyond expert-level commentary. But it can also be applied to company documents—such as earnings transcripts and company presentations—to gain much deeper insight into the perspective of an individual, company, or the market on a key topic.
Our industry-leading suite of generative AI tools is purpose-built to deliver business-grade insights and leans on 10+ years of AI tech development. Our proprietary AlphaSense Large Language Model (ASLLM)—trained specifically on business and financial data—matches or beats the leading third-party LLMs over 90% of the time.
Our suite of tools currently includes:
- Smart Summaries – this feature allows you to glean instant earnings insights—reducing time spent on research during earnings season, quickly capture company outlook, and generate an expert-approved SWOT analysis straight from former competitors, partners, and employees
- Enterprise Intelligence – a first-of-its-kind offering that delivers AlphaSense’s AI-powered search and summarization capabilities to customers’ internal organizational knowledge.
- AlphaSense Assistant – a generative AI chat experience that transforms how users can extract insights from hundreds of millions of premium content sources
Integrations and APIs
It’s now becoming industry standard for many market intelligence platforms to offer integration of internal content containing both structured and unstructured data, but it’s key that this content is indexed and immediately available. A market intelligence platform should also offer the ability to upload new external content sources (such as RSS or web content), so that you can leverage the platform’s analysis tools to pull relevant insights.
AlphaSense provides integration with commonly used programs like OneNote, Sharepoint, Box, and Evernote, enabling streamlined collaboration with members across your organization and improving team productivity. It also allows you to search across all internal and external company content to find key insights, with proprietary AI technology catching what other platforms miss in a secure and automated way.
- Extensive content database that spans the four key perspectives, including broker research and expert calls
- Incorporates AI search technology, machine learning, and sentiment analysis
- Smart Summaries generative AI feature for earnings and image search
- Automated and customizable alerts
- All-in-one research platform
- User-friendly interface
- Internal messaging and collaboration features
- Support for APIs and integrations
- Supports enterprise-level organizations and teams
- Visualization tools are limited to financial data at this time
- Collaboration tools are limited to users with AlphaSense licenses
The Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) is one of the world’s largest expert network companies, connecting business professionals with experts from multiple industries for intelligence insights, advice, and mentorship.
GLG provides users access to a massive network of 900,000+ subject-matter experts on demand, empowering them to make better-informed business decisions.
The platform offers the following products and services to clients:
The key product, GLG Direct, focuses on offering expert consultations. These are typically one-on-one sessions between clients and subject-matter experts, where clients ask questions and receive direct answers and advice on topics of interest, businesses, or industries. These consultations occur via phone and video calls, private meetings, placements, and in some cases, expert witness services.
Users can get one-on-one consultations, have calls translated, enlist additional experts and stakeholders, and receive a full audio recording or transcript of the call.
The GLG library gives you access to content on demand, enabling you to download audio, video, and transcripts for offline consumption. It also recommends trending and popular content based on your interests.
Content is hyperlinked and indexed for easy accessibility, enabling you to skip ahead to insights that matter to you. Just like AlphaSense, GLG also has a trained team to assess expert interviews for legal compliance and quality, ensuring reliability and adherence to professional standards.
GLG Integrated Insights
GLG draws from the expertise of research professionals to produce market assessments, company research reports, and competitive analyses. These insights can help you identify and take advantage of market opportunities before your competitors do.
The platform also creates events that bring together the world’s leading voices on global markets to discuss trends and perspectives. GLG events are often conducted as virtual webinars or live roundtables, teleconferences, and webcasts.
- Access to over 900,000 experts
- Serves multiple types of clients, including law firms and a diverse range of businesses
- Offers both qualitative and quantitative insights
- Provides a massive library of expert calls and transcripts
- No broker research is available
- GLG does not use advanced AI search or Sentiment Analysis in its platform
- No real-time monitoring of markets to keep users updated
- Content is restricted to expert calls and conventional qualitative and quantitative research findings