AlphaSense vs Hebbia: Key Differences
Hebbia is a large-language model (LLM) productivity tool that uses a chat-like experience to provide fast answers to complex questions or large data gathering tasks. Hebbia is designed to index internal content, such as PDFs, presentations, spreadsheets, transcripts, as well as some publicly available external documents, such as earnings transcripts and news sources. Here’s how it compares to AlphaSense and how you can choose the right platform for your business needs.
AlphaSense is a secure, end-to-end market intelligence platform powered by generative AI, intended for financial research and business professionals looking to increase research productivity through AI and automation.
Here’s how our platform enables you to extract insights and answers from both high-value internal and external content with the power of artificial intelligence—all on a single platform.
Extensive Out-of-the-Box Content Library
AlphaSense allows you to combine valuable internal content and 10,000+ private, public, premium, and proprietary external data sources into one platform. We have purpose-built our platform to keep teams up to speed on the relevant topics and companies driving your market.
Our external content sources include trade journals, news, and SEC and global filings.. AlphaSense users also have access to two premium and proprietary content offerings. These are:
- Wall Street Insights® – A collection of broker research from Wall Street’s leading firms, covering global sector themes, industries, and companies from 1,000+ sell-side and independent firms, available within the AlphaSense platform. Research professionals can even preview the contents of a broker report, saving them wasted time and money on potentially fruitless research.
- Expert Insights – 35,000+ transcripts of one-on-one calls with industry experts, competitors, customers, professionals, and former and current executives, with the ability to conduct your own 1:1 expert calls for less.
In addition to these sources, you can upload and search through your own content. That includes:
- Internal research, notes, and presentations
- Meeting and conference notes
- Reports from industry and market intelligence providers
- Newsletters, web pages, and RSS feeds
AI Search & Summarization Technology
Our industry-leading suite of generative AI tools is purpose-built to deliver business-grade insights, leaning on 10+ years of AI tech development. Our proprietary AlphaSense Large Language Model (ASLLM)—trained specifically on business and financial data—matches or beats the leading third-party LLMs over 90% of the time.
Our suite of tools currently includes:
This feature allows you to glean instant earnings insights (reducing time spent on research during earnings season), quickly capture company outlook, and generate an expert-approved SWOT analysis straight from former competitors, partners, and employees. All Summaries provide you with citations to the exact snippets of text from where the summaries are sourced—combining high accuracy with easy verification.
Assistant is a generative AI chat experience that transforms how users can extract insights from hundreds of millions of premium content sources. Whenever you search for information, Assistant is there to summarize key company events, emerging topics, and industry-wide viewpoints. You can dig deeper into topics by asking Assistant follow-up questions or choosing a suggested query.
This unique feature is proprietary to AlphaSense and has the capability to understand both the keyword and search intent behind any of your queries, factoring in search results that include variations in business language. For example, a search for TAM might also bring back results on market size.
AlphaSense’s advanced algorithm also eliminates noise (i.e., content with matching keywords but ultimately irrelevant to your specific search objective) and surfaces only the most relevant results. This algorithm saves you precious time and energy, allowing you to get straight to analysis and other high-level tasks.
Sentiment Analysis, a natural language processing (NLP)-based feature, parses through content and identifies nuances in the tone and subjective meaning of text. It then uses color coding to help readers identify the document’s positive, negative, and neutral sentiments.
This technology assigns each search term a numerical sentiment change score to help users track any slight change in market sentiments across time. Users can take advantage of it to make better-informed investment decisions and improve risk management strategies.
This feature can be instrumental in picking up on subtle sentiment shifts in expert interviews that go beyond expert-level commentary. But it can also be applied to company documents—such as earnings transcripts and company presentations—to gain much deeper insight into the perspective of an individual, company, or the market on a key topic.
Through either an AlphaSense-managed solution in our secure cloud or a customer-managed solution in the cloud of your choice, customers can easily integrate content at enterprise scale through our Ingestion API or Enterprise-Grade Connectors—like Microsoft 365/Sharepoint, Box, S3, and more. Enterprise Intelligence supports the upload and management of tens of millions of documents.
Our integration capabilities allow for more streamlined collaboration with members across your organization and improve overall team productivity. Our proprietary AI technology allows you to search across all internal and external company content to find crucial insights, catching what other platforms miss in a secure and automated way.
Lastly, AlphaSense offers content processing and content management. Content processing allows company recognition within user documents, while content management features support custom tags and folder structures to better organize internal content.
Monitoring, Analysis, and Collaboration Tools
AlphaSense is designed to help users find insights faster. In order to do that, we offer a number of tools that extend beyond search and summarization to help users accelerate research tasks.
- Customizable Dashboards create a centralized information hub for monitoring key companies and themes, while tailored real-time alerts provide real-time updates.
- Powerful collaboration tools like Notebook+ and commenting features help teams manage and share insights more effectively.
- Table Tools allow you to streamline your quantitative analysis by enabling you to export modeled time-series data on company financials.
- Image Search allows you to discover insights buried in charts to quickly capture data without reading through pages of documents.
- Snippet Explorer allows you to effortlessly look at any topic or theme and all its historical mentions in a single view.
- Our Black-lining feature allows you to automatically identify any QoQ changes in SEC filings
- Automated Monitoring allows you to set up real-time alerts that send instant updates on any relevant market movements, news, emerging trends, and competitor activities. We also generate snapshots of companies and topics regularly that keep you ahead of the curve with actionable insights.
- Extensive content database that spans the four key perspectives, including broker research, expert calls, company documents, news & regulatory sites.
- Incorporates AI search technology, machine learning, and sentiment analysis
- Generative AI features, like Smart Summaries, for earnings and image search
- Automated and customizable alerts
- All-in-one research platform
- User-friendly interface
- Internal messaging and collaboration features
- Support for APIs and integrations
- Supports enterprise-level organizations and teams
- Enterprise-grade data production complying with global security standards: SOC2, ISO270001, FIPS 140-2, SAML 2.0
- Excellent customer support team, including 24/7 chat with product specialists, a live Help button on the website, and regular live AlphaSense Education webinars
- Visualization tools are limited at this time
- Collaboration tools are limited to users with AlphaSense licenses
Hebbia is a search engine and large-language model (LLM) productivity tool. It was founded in 2020 by George Sivulka, raising over $30M across three financing rounds. Powered by AI and machine learning, Hebbia generates valuable insights from public and private content through combination of chat-style search and generative AI. Companies and professionals rely on Hebbia to streamline and automate their research and due diligence processes, without compromising on accuracy.
With Hebbia, users can index any documents of any type, either via portal or API, and get an encrypted search engine. Then, they can use Hebbia’s semantic search to ask complex questions spanning across thousands of documents, accessing synthesized answers instantly.
Hebbia focuses on sourcing internal content first—including PDFs, transcripts, Powerpoint presentations, and other documents—with its ability to “index anything.” Then, it sources external content from company websites, news sources, and financial reporting data.
Additional tools include integrations and API-connectors to internal content sources (SharePoint, VDR, etc.), table extraction features, custom alerts, and semantic-based document comparison.
Hebbia allows you to:
- Automatically extract answers or metadata
- Restructure unstructured data using Table Extraction.
- Stay updated on news and insights using Semantic Alerts.
- Can index any document of any type, via portal or API
- Features intelligent semantic search
- Pre-indexes company filings and research
- Supports uploads of private company data
- Offers a full suite of collaborative tools and access controls
- Features end-to-end encryption
- Relatively new in the market; product is still developing and learning
- Only able to access public content; limited industry expertise
- Must import data from external sources
- Does not have access to proprietary content sources, such as broker research or expert calls
- Lacks sentiment analysis features
- No company insights, snapshots, or tearsheets