AlphaSense is a leading all-in-one market intelligence and AI search platform built for robust financial and market research. This tool is designed for research and business professionals looking to implement a qualitative research strategy powered by automated features and proprietary AI technology.
Consistently ranked as an industry leader by TrustRadius and G2, AlphaSense was also recognized by Forbes as a top 50 AI company in 2023.
Here’s how AlphaSense helps you extract insights and access both high-value internal and external content with the power of artificial intelligence—all in a single platform.
Extensive Out-of-the-Box Content Library
AlphaSense comes equipped with an extensive collection of external market intelligence and research that comprises over 10,000+ private, public, premium, and proprietary data sources. This content is organized by the four key perspectives of research—company, journalist, analyst, and expert. Our platform is purpose-built to speed up your team’s access to information on all the relevant topics and companies driving your market.
Our external content sources include earnings transcripts, news wires, trade journals, and SEC and global filings. Besides that, AlphaSense also gives users access to two proprietary and premium content offerings. These are:
- Expert Insights – 35,000+ expert transcripts featuring one-on-one calls with competitors, customers, professionals, industry experts, and former and current executives. You can also request bespoke 1:1 expert calls for less.
- Wall Street Insights® – A collection of broker research from Wall Street’s leading firms, covering global sector themes, industries, and companies from 1,000+ sell-side and independent firms, available within the AlphaSense platform. Research professionals can even preview the contents of a broker report, saving them wasted time and money on potentially fruitless research.
In addition to these sources, AlphaSense enables you to upload, index, and search through your own content. That includes:
- Internal research, notes, and presentations
- Reports from industry and market intelligence providers
- Newsletters, web pages, and RSS feeds
- Meeting and conference notes
AI Search & Summarization Technology
AlphaSense comes with the following industry-leading AI capabilities:
Smart Synonyms™ is a proprietary AlphaSense feature that uses AI technology to recognize both the keyword and search intent behind any query.
AlphaSense uses advanced algorithms to eliminate noise from your search (i.e., content with matching keywords but ultimately irrelevant to your search objective) and leverages variations in language to pinpoint the exact information you need.
Sentiment analysis, a natural language processing (NLP)-based feature, parses through content and identifies nuances in the tone and subjective meaning of text. It then uses color coding to help readers identify the document’s positive, negative, and neutral sentiments.
This technology assigns each search term a numerical sentiment change score to help users track any slight change in market sentiments across time. Users can take advantage of it to make better-informed investment decisions and improve their risk management strategies.
Unlike other consumer-grade generative AI (genAI) tools trained on publicly available data, AlphaSense takes an entirely different approach. Our industry-leading suite of generative AI tools is purpose-built to deliver business-grade insights and leans on 10+ years of AI tech development. Our proprietary AlphaSense Large Language Model (ASLLM)—trained specifically on business and financial data—matches or beats the leading third-party LLMs over 90% of the time.
Our suite of tools currently includes:
- Smart Summaries – this feature allows you to glean instant earnings insights—reducing time spent on research during earnings season, quickly capture company outlook, and generate an expert-approved SWOT analysis straight from former competitors, partners, and employees.
- Enterprise Intelligence – a first-of-its-kind offering that delivers AlphaSense’s AI-powered search and summarization capabilities to customers’ internal organizational knowledge.
- AlphaSense Assistant (in beta) – a generative AI chat experience that transforms how users can extract insights from hundreds of millions of premium content sources.
Even the best companies fall victim to silos. But forward-thinking organizations know to avoid this pitfall by leveraging the advanced collaborative tools found in modern market intelligence platforms.
Seamlessly Integrate with Other Tools
AlphaSense works with the apps and tools you already use to help you be more productive with less effort. Connect with integrations to Box, Sharepoint, OneNote, or leverage our API suite to securely upload your proprietary content.
API capabilities provided by your market intelligence platform allow you to build your own tools to get maximum ROI from the content sources you can now access. For example, AlphaSense offers the following APIs for users to leverage our proprietary technology and content across other parts of their strategies:
- Alert Feed API: Real-time data feed based on saved searches & alerts.
- Search API: Solution that provides real-time, programmatic access to AlphaSense search infrastructure to query and filter the database of documents from a third party domain.
- Ingestion API: Integration, processing, and enrichment capabilities for internal or custom content sets.
- AI API: Enrichment capabilities that enable company recognition, sentiment, themes and KPI services for internal content.
Monitoring, Analysis, and Collaboration Tools
AlphaSense is designed to help users find insights faster. But finding insights is half the battle. We also understand that the real power in crucial insights is the ability to share them with teams and C-Suite leadership. In order to do that, we offer a number of tools that extend beyond search and summarization to help users accelerate research tasks.
- Customizable Dashboards create a centralized information hub for monitoring key companies and themes, while tailored real-time alerts provide real-time updates.
- Smart Alerts monitor the most important themes, companies and market updates with weekly, daily, or real-time alerts.
- Notebook+ and commenting features increase collaboration and help teams manage and share insights more effectively. Notebook+ also includes templates that streamline the process of creating deliverables.
- Table Tools allow you to streamline your quantitative analysis by enabling you to export modeled time-series data on company financials.
- Image Search allows you to discover insights buried in charts to quickly capture data without reading through pages of documents.
- Snippet Explorer allows you to effortlessly look at any topic or theme and all its historical mentions in a single view.
- Our Black-lining feature allows you to automatically identify any QoQ changes in SEC filings
- Automated Monitoring allows you to set up real-time alerts that send instant updates on any relevant market movements, news, emerging trends, and competitor activities. We also generate snapshots of companies and topics regularly that keep you ahead of the curve with actionable insights.
- Extensive content database that spans the four key perspectives, including broker research, expert calls, company documents, news & regulatory sites.
- Incorporates AI search technology, machine learning, and sentiment analysis
- Generative AI features, like Smart Summaries, for earnings and image search
- Automated and customizable alerts
- All-in-one research platform
- User-friendly interface
- Internal messaging and collaboration features
- Support for APIs and integrations
- Supports enterprise-level organizations and teams
- Enterprise-grade data production complying with global security standards
- Excellent customer support team, including 24/7 chat with product specialists, a live Help button on the website, and regular live AlphaSense Education webinars
- Visualization tools are limited at this time
- Collaboration tools are limited to users with AlphaSense licenses
CB Insights offers market and technology insights and intelligence on venture capital firms, private companies, and angel investments to its clients. Its massive information database gives users the ability to track industries, investors, and private companies based on their use of technology.
The CB Insights platform focuses on tech market intelligence in particular. Users get a chance to preview emerging technologies, track and anticipate competitor strategy, support digital innovation and transformation, and connect with multiple tech stakeholders. CB Insights uses data analysis and machine learning to provide users with information on emerging industries, market trends, and investment opportunities, particularly in the technology space.
Through its platform, you can find:
- Emerging and trending tech companies
- A mosaic score that predicts the success or failure of a company
- In-depth data and analytics on a company
Although CB insights provides deep, comprehensive access to information in the tech space and competitive intelligence, it lacks content sets that can give you a more holistic market outlook, such as broker research, global and SEC filings, and expert calls. Additionally, though it utilizes machine learning to track trends and topics, it has no generative AI or smart search capabilities, which limits the scope and speed of research.
CB Insights Pros
- Great platform for finding new opportunities in the tech space
- Provides information for hard-to-access private companies
- Has access to in-depth data and research analytics
- Supports APIs and integrations with other apps
- Uses machine learning and analyst briefings to collect data on companies
CB Insights Cons
- Focuses primarily on private tech companies with no focus on public companies unless concerning their interactions with startups
- No access to global/SEC filings, ESG reports, newspapers, trade journals, expert calls, or broker research
- No generative AI capabilities
- No image search
- No smart synonym search functionality
- Pricing locks users to a team of five members with no flexibility for smaller teams
- Ideal only for niche tech-related use cases
- Not suitable for small-scale firms